The 14th Annual Atlantic Highlands Front Porch Club Chilifest – Adult Swim!
Chili Contestant Guidelines 2019
Thank you all for entering this year’s Chilifest. For those of you who are new to the contest, it is a great way to show off your skills and have a good time. For those of you entering again, BRING IT ON! There are several different categories for prizes, so don’t think you have to adhere to the standard “Texas” rules. Cook with your heart and cook what you like. We have yet to have a chili go uneaten.
Some things to keep in mind:
1. When you arrive at the Avenue A Beach (via the Seastreak parking lot Ave A and Bay Ave), please sign in your chili and fill out a card that lets people know what kind of chili you prepared, whether it’s excessively hot for example, and if it contains known allergens like peanuts.
2. Please prepare enough chili to fill a large chaffing dish (20 dinner portions). This year we are expecting record crowds want to make sure everyone gets a chance to taste your chili and vote on it!
3.Your chili will be served out of chafing dishes over sternos. Please bring it HOT (the Health Department wants it to be 135 degrees F!) and we will take care of it from there. Please note, all pots need to be returned to your car or home after the chili has been put into the chafing dishes. NO pots will be allowed to be placed under the table.
4. Chili should be delivered between 3:30 and 4:15 PM. The judging starts at 5:00 pm.
5.Please bring a disposable plastic serving spoon with your chili. They cost around $1.19 at the supermarket. You will be responsible for your spoon.
6. No camping out next to your chili to solicit votes. Go have a drink and relax.
7. If you are competing for the People's Choice Award, you can let people know your number so they may "vote by text.” However, we ask that you do so outside of the tent area. See #6.
8. Side dishes- we provide some, but if your chili requires that little extra, please let us know so we can give you enough space to set that up as well.
9. Chilis will start being accepted at 3:30 pm. There is ample parking at the event but we do stress no drinking and driving, so you may wish to go home by Uber or Bike. If you need any assistance at the event, please reach out to us via text.
10. Remember if you bring a chili, you get into the event for free! Please sign-up here so you're on the list.
Thank you for participating, we can’t wait to taste your creation!
Any questions, feel free to contact Brian Boms at 732-233-7703 or Corinna Thuss at 908-692-4457.
Thank you again for participating! And good luck!